Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do skin,hair and nail vitamins really work?

just wondering before i place my order, i desperately want my hair to grow and for my skin to be clearer but do these vitamins actually work or is it just another money making scheme?


thanks xxxxxDo skin,hair and nail vitamins really work?
Without looking at any clinical studies, my answer would be: they work some, but you're probably just as well off getting regular vitamins.





I've tried a couple, most notably Murad's clear skin supplements, and I did see an improvement, but not enough of one to warrant an extra $42 a month. I just take a regular multivitamin and pay more attention to getting some of the things in those supplements in my diet--it's supposed to work better if you get it from the food directly, anyway. The Murad website quotes InStyle as promoting:





FOODS THAT HELP ACNE





';Bright red and orange fruits and vegetables have beta-carotene, which your body converts to oil-reducing vitamin A, explains L.A. dermatologist Howard Murad. Green leafy vegetables contain vitamin B6, which minimizes swelling, so pimples are reduced, he adds.';


鈥擨nStyle





You might also look at the book ';The Clear Skin Diet.'; Like a lot of diet books, it promotes large lifestyle changes, but don't feel like you have to follow all the advice. Making a few simple changes can help drastically--the most common thing I've heard is that cutting down on dairy can reduce acne.





As for hair, I believe that vitamins A and E are commonly reccomended; just be careful not to overdose.Do skin,hair and nail vitamins really work?
I take them every day. They've really made my hair grow in thicker and longer. Not sure about my face, though. Probably the other vitamins in them have helped.


You can get em for less than $10 at Target or Walmart or places like that, just fyi in case the ones you're looking at are more pricey.
listen b4 anything take blood test try little medically, consult with ur GP.. dnt just try something without your body type

No comments:

Post a Comment