Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I stop nail/skin biting?

Ok...well, i'm not sure when this all got started, but I have a horrible habit of biting off the skin around my nails. I guess it's because it's something I can chew on and it doesn't hurt...until later. Usually it's on the side and under the cuticle. Sometimes, i'll bite and pick at the skin until it bleeds. I would really like to stop because after a while it really starts to hurt. And also i'm a nail biter. I've been biting my nails for years and I wanna stop. Nail polish doesn't work for me. I always end up chewing right through the polish. Does anyone have any good tips for me?How can I stop nail/skin biting?
I had the exact same problem with the nail biting, but some how I just got over it.





I've heard of this stuff you put on your nails that makes them taste gross, so when you bite them you'll never want to bite them again! I don't know what it's called but they should have it at a chemist.How can I stop nail/skin biting?
I used to have the same problem. The polish doesn't work at all. I stopped when i found a glob of sticky tack and wound up messing with that, It kept my hands busy and away from my face. But when I didn't have the sticky tack I'd start all over again. Then I got a kneaded eraser and that I carried everywhere, eventually I got out of the habit. :) My advice is to just find something you can fiddle with and carry around everywhere, eventually you'll stop :)
First i sucked my thumb (i was little) then age eight my mum bet me that it i could stop sucking my thumb she would get me a dog (she thought i couldn't do it) so i stopped then i bite my nails (age8) i realized i had to stop because i kept getting bad bellies so i replaces my habit by skin biting (age 11) but i started to go abit to far because my fingers wouldn't stop bleeding so i asked my mum how to stop and she said its because i get nervous so i tried some stress relieving technique's it worked so ti stop biting your nails and skin you can





Bribe yourself/get somebody to bribe you


replace you Habit with a better one


try some stress relieving techniques





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment