Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I heal my nails and skin on them?

I forget the name for the part of the nail that meets the actual skin..but mine is always peeling and damaged. I do bite my nails a lot though..anyone know anything?How do I heal my nails and skin on them?
They're cuticles. It could be a loss of vitamins. (same here) If THAT doesn't help, I found this very interesting website that fits perfectly to YOUR problem (and mine. :) ) Okie dokie, here it is!





Adapted from the February 2005 issue of Organic Style Magazine (Rodale Press).


This luscious-sounding formula--fondly called “Hot Buttered Thumb”--was designed by the owner of a Los Angeles nail salon to nourish chapped skin and heal split cuticles. It uses warm milk to help break down dead skin and brown sugar to gently slough it off--and it is deliciously scented with cinnamon and spiced rum.








SIMPLE SOLUTION: Find out the nail salon secret for smooth, healed hands, even in the coldest winter weather. It sounds so divinely soothing and warming:


INGREDIENTS





1/2 cup brown sugar


1/2 cup spiced rum


dash nutmeg


1 cup milk, heated


2 to 3 drops cinnamon essential oil


2 hand towels


2 quart-size plastic bags





1. In a bowl, mix brown sugar, rum, and nutmeg to a scrub consistency. Fill another bowl with the warmed milk and cinnamon oil.





2. Soak hands in milk for 2 to 3 minutes.





3. Massage the exfoliating scrub onto hands and slough off dead skin; rinse with warm water.





4. Wet the hand towels with hot water. Pat hands dry and apply a moisturizer.





5. Slide hands into plastic bags and wrap each with a warm, wet hand towel; let sit for 5 minutes and then remove.














I hope that works for you! I will try it too! Good luck! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment