Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can i cut off my small skin tag from under my armpit with nail clippers safetly?

Ouch, If you even think about it you had better use iodine and make sure the clippers are super sharp and heavily disinfected.Can i cut off my small skin tag from under my armpit with nail clippers safetly?
I wouldnt do it yourself. Id have a friend or relative help. I went to the doctor to get one removed on my neck. It didnt hurt much. Like a pinch. But they used steryle scissors. If i were you id have some rubbing alcohol on hand if you dont sterilyze the scissors/nail clippersCan i cut off my small skin tag from under my armpit with nail clippers safetly?
I wouldn't. To be on the safe side, I would go to a dematologist or your internist. You could possibly run into infection from the nail clippers. A good motto is when in doubt, don't. And you're obviously in doubt or you wouldn't have asked. Stay safe.
I'd use the one for toenails that have a flat clipping blade, not the ones for fingers that are curved. This may prevent cutting your actual skin.





I'd say it's safe, just give it a good wash with soap when you are done just in case.
no it is not safe


it will hurt and could come back


if you get it taken off at the doctors, they will numb it, cut it off and apply something that kills whatever causes it so it doesnt come back
Absolutely not! Skin tags can be attached to large blood vessels which can cause you to bleed alot and when they grow back they can grow larger due to scar tissue. Go have it removed by a doctor.
Yes but it might hurt, you can also tie a string around it tightly and in two days or so it will fall off on its own and it wont hurt!
I have done that before. Just rinse the clippers in alcohol before you do the clipping and put some Neosporin on it afterwards.
I've had them and my doctor said all he would is slice them off with a razor. and that there was no reason that i couldn't do it myself as long as I kept it clean
you can BUT disinfect the nail clippers big time or you will catch an infection.
Better to tie it off with dental floss and let it fall off


It might bleed too much if you clip it


I helped my sister take of over 100 this way


Good Luck
No. It can cause infection, irritation, or worse. See your family doctor - they can take care of that for you.
Skin tags will bleed a lot if you take them off yourself. I would wait and have your physician remove it.
idk. Do some research on the topic by Googling it. Sounds like a disturbing situation though. :[
my dad had one of those. just go to the doctors and they will freeze it off for you, with no pain. good luck :]
yes, you can
that doesn't sound safe

No comments:

Post a Comment