Thursday, January 21, 2010

I stepped on a nail yesterday and just the pointy tip went into the thick skin on the bottom of foot.?

I stepped on a nail yesterday and just the pointy tip went into the thick skin on the bottom of foot. It bled a little but quit. I had my tetanus booster about 7 months ago. Am I ok on not needing another booster? I got everything out of the hole, Little sore but I can still walk on it no problems.I stepped on a nail yesterday and just the pointy tip went into the thick skin on the bottom of foot.?
Looks like the Mayo Clinic is saying that tetanus boosters should be every 10 yrs. See the source below





If you are sure you had one 7mns ago you should be OK, but if it gets infected you should still go see a doctor. It could get infected and not be tetanus.

No comments:

Post a Comment