Thursday, January 21, 2010

I stepped on a rusted nail but it didn't went through my skin, can I still get Tetanus?

I was entering the background, bringing my clothes to the washer barefooted. I didn't realize there was a rusted nail on the ground and accidentally stepped on the top (circle) of the nail but lucky it didn't went through my skin. Than I just went to the bathroom to wash the mark on my foot. There was a slight small mark of the nail but later it disappear.I stepped on a rusted nail but it didn't went through my skin, can I still get Tetanus?
No you are OK- wear shoes or slippers would be wise. It only applies to deep cut or wounds.I stepped on a rusted nail but it didn't went through my skin, can I still get Tetanus?
Yes
If you have gotten a tetanus shot then you probably wont. If you havent you should check with your doctor.
Absolutely no chance of tetanus if your skin was not broken. If there was no break in the skin, there is absolutly no way that the tetanus bacteria could get into your body, and therefore cannot cause tetanus. Trust me on this.


Since you are paranoid about getting tetanus, I take it you haven't had a tetanus shot recently. I reccommend getting one because next time you step on a rusty nail you might not be so lucky!
it's a minimal possibility if you haven't had a booster shot in thelast 10 years-





either wayit is a good idea to keep it updated-you could casually scratch a surface that appears to be clean and not notice-but the tetanus germ can still be there
yes


YES
If you've had a shot with in the last 10 years you'll be all good, I work in a welding company and get cut all the time and half of the time get cut on rusty things, I get a shot every 5 years,
better to be safe than sorry.

3 comments:

  1. I stepped on a nail. It was the vert top on the nail. Since then it's been painful to walk on and the pain has went into the bottom part of my leg below the knee. Is this serious if the pain radiated into my lower leg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No puncture in the heel nice any bleeding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please reply back in my email at shennamattson@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete